Day 23 Tuesday 11 August 2026

Just a quick update today, I have arrived in Bunbury and I have a little time to spare before dinner.

Today was actually a little disappointing.  On the way to Bunbury I decided on a detour to the Yalgurup national park.  The objective of the detour was to view the Thrombolites, the oldest living things on the planet.  After a frustrating hour long detour and lack of signage I finally made it to the boardwalk where one walks out to look at the Thrombolites, and guess what,....... the bloody boardwalk was closed for repairs.  So I joined the small group of disgruntled travellers who were milling about with much disgruntlement and left without seeing the Thrombolites.  A bit like going to New York and not seeing the Statue of Liberty.

Anyway I have arrived in Bunbury and I am staying at the Rose Hotel, a historical building first opened in 1896 and recently extensively renovated, in rather a grand way.

This morning when I filled up with fuel in Fremantle I paid 195c a litre.  This seems to be the current price around this part of WA.  By way of a comparison I paid 280c a litre at the Nullabor roadhouse and at Cocklebiddy, also on the Nullabor plain, I paid 246c a litre.  Of course these roadhouses have a captive audience and the distances are so great that you have to fill up at these prices.

An observation, while WA is supposed to be the wealthiest state in the commonwealth there is still a lot of obvious homeless and rough sleepers in both Perth and Fremantle.  There are also a lot of the shouty and ill at ease walking the streets.  I would suggest the Perth's homeless problem is equally as bad as Melbourne's.

Still not seeing any potholes in the roads.

I have manged to transfer some photos from my phone to my laptop so below are some random trip photos from the phone.



Also tried to steal my sausage roll




 
A one tonne gold coin



A very big truck


Whale and white whale calf

Comments

  1. The issue of potholes in Victoria has made the news on my e-feed here. Where's Jeff K when you need him? Nice photos BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that big yellow tower thing meant to have a face or am i seeing things?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog