Day 7 Sunday 26 July 2026 

Once again this will be a rather truncated blog posting.  I have arrive safely at the Nullabor Roadhouse and as then name suggests there are no trees anywhere within a couple of hundred kilometres of the place or anything else for that matter.

I am using the roadhouse wifi which is very unreliable and limited on the amount of data I have available.  Also limited is the amount of water available, but judging by the warnings there is no limit to the number of snakes around the place.

I've got a whole lot of food photos to post but unfortunately the limited wifi will not let me post pics, ce la vie, as they say in France.

On the way here I took a side trip to the Head of the Bight where you there is a whale sanctuary and the Southern Right Whales come to feed and breed.  When I was there today there were about a dozen whales in the bay including a couple of calves including an albino calf, not sure how long the albino calf will last in the wild.

I took a lot of whale photos which I will post some of when I have reliable and sufficient wifi.

I did suggest to some other people at the whale place that seeing the white whale had given me an idea for a book, and they told me that it had already been done, a bit disappointing that.

I have a number of requests for more information on the Battle of Broken Hill and the subsequent Battle of the White Rocks.  Never fear folk more info and pics on their way shortly.

Thanks for the complimentary remarks, keep it up.

Comments

  1. That is a shame - a book about a white whale? How would you start it though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something original such as "Call me Graeme".

      Delete
  2. Well this journal is nullabour! Very exciting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, very creative on your part.

      Delete
  3. I too am finding the blog technology very challenging. Blog data appearing in all sorts of places not to mention no photos BUT it will all come good I am sure. Great you got to see the whales and I too have seen a white whale, fully grown off the coast of Merimbula so they do survive or should I say, some of them. The Battle of Broken Hill, interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"m getting things sorted as well, photos included in today's blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog